A huge Thank You to all of Vista Hi Noon Rotarians (and your families) who attended on Saturday to work on the Memorial Wall. The results are spectacular and the new trees make a huge difference. Thanks to Naomi Stein for arranging the trees which our landscaper said were very nice specimens. Also a special thanks to Robert Oldfield, owner of Landscape One, for his invaluable assistance and for the assistance of his workers who planted the large trees and connected the irrigation. Thank you Vista Hi Noon Rotarian Daryl McFarland for coordinating the project!
- Established three Interact Clubs that his Rotary Club sponsors and continues to work with the clubs to insure their success.
- Ardently supported RYLA, having served as a Facilitator for many years.
- Was one of four Rotarians who created the District 5340 LEAD Program and just ended a three year term as Chair of the District LEAD Committee
- Regularly hosted Youth Exchange students.
- Been instrumental in the organization and sponsorship of the new Rotaract Club at Cal State San Marcos.
- Will be the District Youth Service Chair beginning on July 1, 2015.
Early reading proficiency is the single most important factor in the long term success of students, and the first goal of the Vista Unified School District (VUSD). Vista Hi Noon Rotarians have read and distributed books to each first grade student in the VUSD. For many of these students, it is either the first book they have owned themselves or one of very few books in their home. 1500 first grade students have been impacted by this project. We have offered this program for the past three years and because of the success of our previous efforts, the teachers and administrators of the school district continue to be committed to supporting us. The VUSD Superintendent and the President of the Vista Teachers' Association, as well as one of the Trustees of the VUSD Board of Education, are all members of the Vista Hi Noon Rotary Club and participated in project implementation.